Monday, November 14, 2016

JUST A THOUGHT by Garry O. Blanson

If doctors can amputate a person's diseased foot to prevent the problem from spreading and causing more harm,what if people were to amputate their negative diseased thoughts ? Someone once said," Keeping one's mind off of the thoughts that one DOES NOT want,and on the things that you DO want is one of the most difficult thing one can do." Every minute, we are thinking more and more thoughts { positive thoughts as well as negative ones }. Some of our thoughts are our own,but many of them come from outside sources such as parents,teachers,television,radio,and other social media. We are bombarded with so many thoughts on a daily basis,it's no wonder we often forget a few of them, Lol ! So as I mentioned earlier,it sure would be nice if we could amputate our negative diseased thoughts. However, since amputation isn't an option,we must plant new healthy positive thoughts Over a period of time, the new positive thoughts will over-ride the old negative ones.One of the best ways to do this is by using what is known as an"AFFIRMATION." One of the best definitions that I've come across is the one given by Phil Laut," An Affirmation is a high quality thought that you like well enough to immerse in your consciousness. Also,let me be clear that there is more than one right way to create an Affirmation. Like most things,experiment with several of them and use the ones that work best for you.Also, below are a few guidelines from " JACK CANFIELD " that you can consider when creating your own Affirmations. * Start with the words I Am.The words “I am” are the two most powerful words in language. Use the Present tense.Describe what you want as though you already have it.Wrong: I am going to get a new red Porsche 911 Carrera. Right: I am enjoying driving my new red Porsche 911 Carrera. * State it in the positive. Affirm what you want, not what you don’t want.The unconscious mind does not hear the word no.Wrong: I am no longer afraid of flying. Right: I am enjoying the thrill of flying. * Keep it brief.Think of your affirmation as an advertising jingle. * Make it specific.Vague affirmations produce vague results.Wrong: I am driving my new red car. Right: I am driving my new red Porsche 911 Carrera. * Include an action word ending with –ing.The active verb adds power to the effect by evoking an image of doing it right now.Wrong: I express myself openly and honestly. Right: I am confidently expressing myself openly and honestly. * Include at least one dynamic emotion or feeling word.Some commonly used words are… enjoying, joyfully, happily, celebrating, proudly, calmly, peacefully, delighted, enthusiastic, triumphant.Wrong: I am maintaining my perfect body weight of 178 lbs. Right: I am feeling agile and great at 178!!!! * Make affirmations for yourself, not others.Wrong: I am watching Johnny clean up his room.Right: I am effectively communicating my needs and desires to Johnny. * Add or something better.Example: I am enjoying living in my beautiful beachfront villa on the Ka’anapali coast of Maui or somewhere better. For more information on Jack Canfield, you can click on this link : http://jackcanfield.com/training-events/ AND Please don't forget to go to FACEBOOK and like my page: https://www.facebook.com/Garry-O-Blanson-115049231930571/?fref=hovercard

No comments:

Post a Comment